Home   Map   Blog Roll   WineCompass   Wine 101   My Compass 

Chardonnay Dijon Clone

Chardonnay Dijon Clone Wine Details
Price: $19.50 per bottle

Description: This Chardonnay clone grows in small clusters with smaller berries & in turn yields more fruit intensity. Upon harvest 80% of this fruit undergoes a long cool fermentation in stainless steel whereas the remaining 20% is fermented sur lee in French & American Oak achieving complete malolactic conversion. The wine sees a full 18 months in blended Oak cooperage.

Varietal Definition
Chardonnay is by far the most widely planted grape crop in California and dominates California’s cooler, coastal, quality wine regions. The natural varietal ‘taste and smell’ of Chardonnay is surprisingly unfamiliar to many wine drinkers, as its true character is often guised with dominating winemaking signatures. Chardonnay’s rather subdued primary fruit characteristics lean toward the crisp fruitiness of apples, pears and lemon, but the variety’s full body is capable of supporting a host of complementary characteristics, such as oak, butter and vanilla. Regardless of what is the appropriate style for Chardonnay, the varietal continues to dominate vineyard plantings in every corner of the world. Close attention to clonal selection has made this broad geographic and climactic range of Chardonnay viable in thoughtful viticultural hands.


Back to Jeriko Estate information