Home   Map   Blog Roll   WineCompass   Wine 101   My Compass 


Riesling Wine Details
Price: $15.95 per bottle

Description: This Riesling was harvested early in the season on September 23 entirely from the Butler’s Grant vineyard on the Beamsville Bench in Vineland. The grapes were clean and disease-free, harvested at 19.3 Brix. The wine underwent temperature controlled cool ferment in 80% stainless steel helped to preserve delicate tree fruit character with the remaining 20% in 5 year old French oak for added complexity and mouth feel. The fermentation was stopped at 11.5% alcohol, leaving some natural residual sweetness. Bottled April 26 2006.

Varietal Definition
On the sweeter end of the spectrum, some of the best dessert wines should give thanks to the Riesling varietal. Riesling is known for its complementary nature of combining balanced acidity with sugar. Rieslings are made dry to sweet, but it is the sweet style Riesling that brought about its popularity in the United States. With the rise of spicy sauces, marinades and dips to flavor our meal, Riesling plays a part in taking off the edge of the heat. Riesling is known for a number of signature characteristics: floral, citrus and pear. Riesling has peaked in California with 11,000 acres planted. Today, Monterey County’s cool-climate areas and its long growing season produce good amounts of character for the Riesling grape. Outside of


Back to Creekside Estate Winery information